Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama bin Laden is Dead; Now What?

   I was watching a YouTube video until my my mother came into the room and told me the news. I was ecstatic, I had to Google search it to confirm that that it was true I even turned on the the news channels to confirm that it was not a tabloid news piece, since there were previous theories that bin Laden was dead, apparently which were not true since he was just killed. Osama bin Laden was killed in Pakistan. Right now as I type people are out celebrating. Although this is a major breakthrough the question I have is, "Why are they celebrating, Al Qaeda still exists and if bin Laden was not killed the CIA might have been able to get information out of him that might have eradicated the threat of Al Qaeda altogether?"

    The patriotic celebrations that are occurring remind me of the vigils and the "God Bless America" paraphernalia of Post-911 New York City and the rest of the nation. Don't get me wrong, bin Laden's death is a good thing. Al Qaeda will never be as much of a threat as it used to be, but it is still a threat. The casualties in the Iraqi war were unnecessary. What makes this good news is the fact that the poster boy of terrorism is dead. We still have others to hunt down such as Anwar al-Awlaki and many others.

    What I am waiting for are the conspiracy theories that will result from his death. I already have a few ideas such as what someone told me, which is that the Pakistani Government was harboring him the whole time. The circumstances for his death were slightly suspicious. for example he was killed in the proximity of a mansion right outside of Islamabad, the Pakistani capital. What is curious about this is that one would suspect a terrorist to be hiding in a cave or a tribal area. Well I will not consider it so far fetched since the CNN anchors brought that up. I am waiting until more information is leaked. My motto is that, "only time will tell."

 What would make a really interesting conspiracy theory is, that Obama, the U.S. Army and the Pakistani government lied about bin Laden's death and, that bin Laden is still alive. The reason for that would be that President Barack Hussein Osama oops! I meant Obama is a Muslim, as many people I know would call and  I do not believe that, and joined Pakistan's alliance with the Taliban.This move was to take suspicion away from Obama and Pakistan. Also Obama decided that it would help him get reelected so it would be killing two birds with one stone. Yes I am just playing the part of a conspiracy theorist, I am not actually that idiotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment