Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm Offended by This

  Today in macroeconomics class, my professor was discussing unemployment. He mentioned that discrimination increases during times of high unemployment because, many more people are applying for that job and it is easier to get away with discrimination. The example my professor used was that a man was not hired because he had green skin. He probably used this skin color because, he wanted to avoid using a real minority, so he would not offend anybody in the class by singling out a real minority. The problem is that, he offended me. As a Martian, I am offended that I was singled out like that.

  I know many people will ask why I am calling myself a Martian, the answer is because I am one. As a kid I was always different. I did not think like everyone else.  There were many reasons for including that facts that I, did not understand the social rules, always got into trouble, was in my own world, was hyperactive, was defiant, and, could not understand why thing were the way they were. I did not understand why I was so different. In seventh grade I finally learned what made me so different. My teacher was "kind" enough to point it out to me, by calling me a Martian every day in front of the class. Growing up as a Martian (or Alien American to cover all groups of space aliens) was awkward especially, when trying to blend into an Earthling run society where there was no Alien Awareness. I was forced to hide my true "skin color", with little success.  If my professor was aware of the existence of Alien Americans, he probably would not have used a person with green skin as an example, so as not to offend me as part of a minority group.

   As a result of the offensive comments made by my professor, I am joining the NAACP. I know that most people will say that the NAACP is an organization for African Americans but, isn't green a color? If the NAACP will not let me join then, I can say that the NAACP discriminates against, Martians and other space aliens, and form my own special interest group for fellow Aliens, the Alien Awareness League (AAL). We will first fight for recognition because, most people do not know that Martians, along with other species of space aliens exist. We will then fight for civil rights and awareness, such as Alien Awareness Month. The month of awareness will be dedicated to how Martians and other Aliens were mistreated and, had to live in and fight an unjust world that was run by Earthlings, without Alien Americans having a say in it. Since I am planning to be an Alien rights leader, I plan to make July Alien Awareness Month because, I was born in July. I plan to fight for affirmative action and be a representative of the Alien American community in a way that is similar to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton for the African American community. I will even lobby on Washington for Alien rights. I will preach about every hint of racism against Alien Americans. I will use the guilt of the Earthlings to my advantage.

   I will make sure that Alien Americans as a special interest group get their slice of the pie, just as any other minority group would. After all, "All's fair and love and war". This is how Alien Americans are planning to take over the world.

PS. To all you Earthlings out there this post was just a joke to make a political point.  I seriously was different as a kid and my teacher did call me a Martian. I am not a Martian but, I am sometimes on my own planet.

1 comment:

  1. macro economics is good so you can make a living with a degree in economics. But it has no worth to relevance to reality.--until someone can figure out how economics really works.

    ReplyDelete