Thursday, February 24, 2011

College Life: The Good and the Bad.

  Everybody says that the college years are the best years of your life. However, they say the same thing about the high school years and so on. I might seem like another college student who just like to complain about her life, but there have been major improvements that have taken place since starting college. On improvement is that unlike the Jewish high school that I attended until June of 2010 I do not have to worry about a uniform and the necklines of the shirts I wear ( I even wear jeans which most Orthodox Jewish schools forbid). Another good thing is that I do not have a principal walking down the halls checking if students use their cellphones during class and you do not get in trouble for using bad language (which I tend to do a lot of). Although if you really are serious about learning, you should not use your cellphone in middle of class. The greatest benefit of all is that you can make your own schedule, so if you are not a morning person...then you do not have to be.

  Now time for the bad. The bad thing about college is that (at least for me) is that you have bigger classes, where the professor does not know your name, your eating habits can become erratic, and you have more papers to write. About the eating part: Yesterday I had art history class at 12:50, which meant that I had to leave the house at 11:30 if I wanted time to catch breakfast/lunch since I did not eat anything. Instead I left home around 11:50 and I made it to class a few minutes late. All I had until then was a piece of gum. After art history I had English, which left me just enough time to buy Mike and Ike candies from the vending machine. Well, yes what a great meal. I ate that "meal" around 2:15 and I had English class until 3:15 instead of 3:30, because the professor decided to end early. I celebrated ending class early by buying myself some real food. So yes Mondays and Wednesdays are not my best days. I like it better when I start at 11:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays better. Although I do no like the fact that on Thursdays I have a two hour long macroeconomics lesson, instead of the hour long macroeconomics lesson that I have on Tuesdays. So, yes this is my first post I hope you enjoyed it. I try to be funny, but it might not be as funny in my mind as it is in your's.

No comments:

Post a Comment